Mad Scientist Party - FAQ
- Q: What do kids do at Mad Scientist Party?
- A: Our Mad Scientist will engage children with amazing science demonstrations that are conducted with the help of your birthday child and guests. Some examples of experiments that may be included are: fitting a hardboiled egg into an impossibly small space, seeing flash paper disappear and creating bubbling potions with dry ice. At the end of the party, the kids will make slime to take home. Some of our packages include great party enhancements such as bubbling potions, cotton candy, a rocket launch, and more! Mad Science of Morris and Sussex, NJ parties generally last 45-60 minutes depending on the package that you book.
- Q: How far in advance do I need to book my party?
- A: Our party schedule fills up quickly! We suggest you book well in advance to get the date and time you want. Generally, at least 3 weeks in advance is recommended.
- Q: What do I need to do to make a reservation?
- A: You can fill out an online request form by clicking on the “Book now” button. We will respond to your request one business day. You can also call us at (973) 983-6030 and we’ll be happy to schedule your Mad Scientist Party over the phone. We require a $50 deposit to book your party.
- Q: What happens to my deposit?
- A: A $50 deposit is required to confirm your Mad Scientist Party. Please send your check made payable to Mad Science of Morris and Sussex, 96-05 Ford Road, Denville, NJ 07834. Party date and time will be held for 7 days after booking and is not confirmed until payment is received. If your deposit is not received by the 7th day, your party slot will be released. If you cancel your party without re-scheduling, the $50 cancellation fee is nonrefundable. Cancellation fee will be waived if party is rescheduled within one month of original party date.
Q: What time can I have my party?
- A: On Saturdays and Sundays we have set party times of 11:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.. Parties can also be scheduled Monday-Friday at any time (based on availability). All dates and times are subject to availability.
- Q: Do I need to know the exact number of kids attending my party to book it?
- A: No. All we need is an estimate of the number of children you expect to attend. We ask that you plan for the largest number of children expected. On the day of the party, you will be charged only for the number of kids that actually attend and based on the party package that you choose.
- Q: When will the Mad Scientist arrive?
- A: The Mad Scientist will arrive at least 15 minutes early to set up. He/she will be ready to start the show at the time you booked. It is best to start your party at least 30 minutes before your Mad Science show is scheduled to start, to ensure the Mad Scientist is able to start on time.
- Q: What kind of space is needed?
- A: The Mad Scientist will need a table to set up equipment on. We ask that you have enough space for the Mad Scientist and for your guests to be comfortable as well. The kids can be seated on the floor or on chairs, several feet back from the table (we'll need some space to bring up volunteers).
- Q: Will I have to provide the Mad Scientist with anything?
- A: We will need a table to set up at, access to running water for set-up and clean-up, and access to electricity. Please let us know if your party location cannot provide these.
- Q: Once I have scheduled my party, can I make changes to it later?
- A: Any changes to your party must be scheduled at least three business days before your party.
- Q: Is it okay to have other activities going on while the Mad Scientist is performing?
- A: The Mad Scientist will begin at the scheduled start time and continue until our portion of the entertainment is finished. We will not be able to stop for any other activities (ex. food or cake). Please plan accordingly.
- Q: What if it rains the day of my party?
- A: MAD SCIENCE will perform rain or shine! We love doing outdoor parties, but it's always a good idea to have an alternate indoor location planned, just in case of rain.
- Q: Can I have the phone number of my Mad Scientist?
- A: We do not provide the Mad Scientist’s personal contact information. If you would like the Mad Scientist to call you on the day of your party, we can make a note for him/her to do so.
- Q: For what ages are your parties appropriate?
A: Our parties are appropriate for children between 4 to 12 years of age. Younger siblings generally watch, but do not actively participate in the party and should not make a take home project. We determine the number of attendees based on the number of children between the ages of 4 and 12.
- Q: How much does a Mad Science party cost?
- A: Mad Science of Morris and Sussex, NJ offers various pricing levels for it's birthday parties based on the "Party Package" that you choose. You can see the various Party Themes, Enhancement Options, and Party Packages on the PARTY PACKAGES AND THEMES page.
- Q: When do I pay?
A: We require a $50 deposit to book your party, payable by check. At the end of your party, you will pay the Mad Scientist the remaining balance, plus for the amount of any goody bags, etc. you purchase. You can pay with cash or check.
Q: What is your policy on tipping?
A: If you think your Mad Scientist did a great job, a tip is very much appreciated. If paying by check, we ask that you keep any gratuity separate from the Mad Science payment.
If you have any other questions, please call us!
For questions, or more information contact us.
Mad Science of Morris and Sussex, NJ
MAD SCIENCE is the leading science enrichment provider for children in kindergarten through to grade 6.
96 Ford Road, Unit 96-05